Saturday, February 21, 2009

There Is Something Amiss Devil Horn Man

Took a big step (for me) this weekend. My (other) dad, the one here in FL, asked me to consider helping out with a youth pastor position. Honestly, I fought it. I'm not a strong mighty Christian that just accepts things like that on a whim, nor have I heard a booming voice from God telling me to do this. No, I have struggled with saying yes for quite sometime. But this week I felt God settle on my shoulder and say very quietly (the way He has to do to get my attention) that everything will be okay. I'm not accepting the task at hand because I think that "Jared is able". No, I'm doing because I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens me. Keep me in your prayers constantly, for I feel like I am so weak, and so tiny. God will be the only reason anything good comes out of this. And I give Him all the glory and honor for anything that will happen.

I also discovered that a Renaissance festival has about two or three good, clean acts in it. Saw a lot of examples of how NOT to let my daughter dress...EVER. And I discovered that Sherry can give the most evil dirty little looks. Quite disturbing actually. Although I do believe I got the last laugh when the flute man hit on her hardcore (Sherry, remember, you know where to find him). Elf ears are not really that becoming on me, and whoever the man was that put the devil horns on me should know I felt very very awkward, yet was strangely curious as to what the heck was going on. Hence, due to the happen-chance that there was a camera present, a picture is floating around with me in horns. Thank you devil horn man. Oh, and finally, I realized today that I am a geek when it comes to ancient weaponry lingo (So I enjoyed reading the Encyclopedia and played a lot of knight games on the computer growing up...what about it?). I felt odd trying to explain the difference between some, and most likely bored my friends to death with little facts they knew already.

Highlight: watching an acrobat do comedy...yes, it was 10x funnier than it sounds

Well all you nosey family members, I hope this satisfies your taste for news awhile longer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am proud that you got a job in the field that you have always wanted to work in:) I do not know if that is still what you want to do but at least it is a start. I know that you will be good at it and I am sure that the kids will love you.

    ReplyDelete