Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tomato Soup

So I think I'll be a little more down to earth today. I'm hungry. Yup, tomato soup isn't gonna cut it to much longer. I won't lie, I was a little impressed when I worked a 10 hr day on a dozen peanut butter crackers I had at 7:15 a.m. and still didn't eat again till 6:30. I managed to chew half a pack of gum though and drink maybe 3 gallons of water (maybe I exaggerated that last part a little tiny bit).

Today was my birthday. I'm 21...yes, finally I can buy alcohol legally! I had been waiting for this day for so long. Oh man, to bad I don't have those desires to drink anymore, haha. Funny how that happens. I'm not here to pick and choose about beliefs on drinking and is it wrong, or is it right. I know what I believe about that, and no, its not your business to know what I think about it. Anyway, I got some awesome encouragement from a friend. They didn't know I needed it, I didn't know that they were watching me or even noticing anything about me. But when they told me what they've seen in my life...well, let's just say that it was a blessing from God to hear it. I give all the glory to God for anything that is remotely right in my life, and take all the blame for the stupid things I still do. God's helping me, and I'm a willing servant.

Indiantown kids were a mess tonight. We're trying a new format that they love. Its called "Controlled Chaos" haha. No, we are really doing a new format that I'm sure will work after a little bit of time. It actually wasn't the kids inside as much as it was the kids outside. I KNOW we're making a difference in the kids, when the devil has to use the kids outside the walls to distract. As they banged on the windows and doors I was frustrated, but almost happy that the devil had to try so hard. They really listened to Joel as he talked tonight! Peewee answered a question!! When Joel asked "Who's image are we made in?" Peewee piped up, without hesitation (him? Hesitate to talk...that's a joke) and said "Oh! GOD!". It was beautiful to me! I was so happy, proud, and thankful to God and all the people who have put so much into those kids.

Man, did they really straighten up when I told my team that we were watching for a quiet seat :D some didn't care, but a few did. Even Peewee and Ivan came up to me after and asked if they were good. I told em yes, but not at first. Ivan said he didn't have a Bible. I am going to buy him one. I want them all to have a Bible. A big one, that their parents can't help but see. One in simple English, no fancy words, so a kid can understand it, and a parent that doesn't read a lot of English can pick it up and get something out of it. Pray for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment