Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jammies and A Shimmer of Hope

Oh if you only knew! Wow, last night (before I went to sleep) and this morning (when I woke up) I realized the most amazing thing. Want to know what it is? Okay (I'm so excited about this...you really have no idea), I discovered I was wearing THE most comfy jammies I'd ever wore in my lifetime. I could use all sorts of adjectives to describe them to you, but honestly...it wouldn't suffice.

Tonight on the Indiantown route I started out feeling so discouraged. I'm confident now it was merely a trick of the enemy, but it almost worked. I was coming off a caffeine high, and kinda crashed, but God helped me. By the end of the night I felt better about how things were going, and didn't want to give into the immediate desires that came to mind when Mario did something he shouldn't.

Mario...he's a bundle of energy, to say the least. Always has a smart remark, has courage to say what he thinks he should say to anyone (not a good thing right now), he loves being the center of attention, loves to laugh, and has a lot of fight in him. I truly believe that those are things that God gave him (I hope they are, because I know I have some of those qualities). However, I think we can all see how those qualities can be distracting for the other kids, when Mario isn't channeling them into being a good boy. Honestly, its the kids like Mario that I grow to love the most. Yes, you have to be stern and devote a lot of time and attention into them, but I see so much potential for good. Pray that Mario, and the other kids, are not lost to the enemy. They will be mighty warriors if the Lord can get hold of their hearts :)

Many people have asked, so I thought I'd share on my blog. My first day of youth ministry at New Beginnings Community was greatly blessed by God. He helped me so much :) thank you ALL for your prayers! I felt each one. I thought I knew what I was going to talk about the night before, but as I turned out the light and climbed into bed God laid a message on my heart I couldn't stop thinking about. So I got out of bed, grabbed my Bible (when I say "Bible" I always want to pronounce it "bib-lee". I don't know why) and started writing down notes. Andrew Halstead went with me, and I'm happy he did, because he talked to the kids some and kept the conversation flowing (thanks Andrew). I'm trusting God for what to do next. I want to stay and do whatever He would have me to do, for as long as He would have me do it.

Once again, thank you all for your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment