Tuesday, March 17, 2009

God's Blessings...

God has seriously answered prayer with my job. Today my boss told me that he is going to move me to full time (as if the 47 hrs I worked didn't tell me that). Its amazing to me when I look at the door God opened for this job that didn't seem like the right choice, yet I took it (partially out of desperation, I won't lie), and turned down the seemly better job offer. This job, though, has proven to be a wonderful blessing. Its closer than the other job, its easier, and it pays the same. God is wonderful (yes, I did just imagine it again).

Last Sunday I talked to the teens about how God wants us to use our tongues (something God has been talking to me about...ouch haha). They responded so well, it was wonderful! I'm so excited about the next few weeks. A paintball retreat is coming up that I've got them involved in, and hopefully next Sunday I can bring them all their favorite ice cream (shhh they don't know). Easter is coming up also, and I am going to start showing them a little bit of The Passion and talking to them about what Jesus went through. I don't want to scare them or anything, but I do want them to understand how much God went through to save us from our sins. Easter morning I want to have a wooden cross made, then I want them to write their sins on a piece of paper and nail them to the cross. After they've done that I've had the thought of taking the cross to the ocean and throwing it in, symbolizing that God throws our sins into a sea of forgiveness and grace.

Keep me in your prayers, as always. God is working on me everyday, its wonderful! I've never been so in love with God before. The devil is fighting, don't get me wrong. He's been beating me senseless it feels like sometimes, but God sweeps to my rescue just as I think I've lost it.
I stepped into existence today with confusion in my head, and I am exiting the vast world of consciousness in the same state that I found it. I give my refection in the mirror a crooked smile and a weird look, as if to say "you have no idea what just happened, do you?" and my response as I turn out the light is "not even a little one". A dream just danced by...

No comments:

Post a Comment