Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fred

It seems like forever since I've posted. Hum, that sentence is a scary one to write, for its always the beginning of the end of my blogging life. Kind of like seeing an old friend you haven't made contact with in ages. "Oh, Fred! So good to see you. Its been far to long. We should get dinner and catch up!" but you don't catch up. You never make those plans. Instead you go about life as you had before Fred came into it, and then repeat the same line 4 or 5 years later to Fred.

I don't have a friend named Fred really, but if I did I'm sure we wouldn't be comparing him to a blog post. Let us hope that this blog is not a Fred, all the same.

Drew Dahler moved down. Wow, that was fast. I thought I was going to have to explain a lot, but that sentence just about sums it up. Came down Tuesday, is working with me at my job at the golf course. We've had a lot of good times together already, and looking forward to more.

Tomorrow I thought I was going to get the chance to talk to my teens, but I remembered halfway throughout the week that we are actually going to watch a video on creation. I'd tell you what its called, but it wasn't really my call to watch it, and so it slips my mind for the moment. I sure hope the kids do come though. Last week I told them to try and read the story of the crucifixion from one of the Gospels and I'm a little worried about what the response will be tomorrow. Did they complete the task, or did they shirk it (like I used to do in youth group haha)? Hope that they have a better memory for that kinda stuff than I did. More to follow on this story...

People have been telling me I look and sound extremely tired. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. At some point, I do get tired, and at some point I am sure I sound tired. However, I think I've been more tired spiritually than anything, and thus, its weighed on my physical countenance. I usually don't ask for a lot of public prayer for myself (even now my fingers hesitate to type this), but I think I should. I need to admit I need God's peoples help praying. Sometimes one has to admit that they need assistance, and I have learned that when it comes to spiritual matters its best for me to admit that quickly and ask for assistance before I do something stupid :) So thanks in advance for your prayers, even the short little ones.

3 comments:

  1. praying for you jar! "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galations 6:2. Don't worry about asking for prayers, we many times have to lean on one another to get through this walk. It helps us to dwell together in unity. If we don't ask for help we might give the false impression that we are too good, and it might make ppl think we are perfect. (and God knows we are not!!!!) love ya
    ~sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also praying for you. I hope God does help you through this hard times and I know it will take some time to get over it but thank God we get to a point of freedom and I know you know what that feels like. Jared you will always be my friend and I will always be here for ya sport;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep you head up. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete